The Minnesota Twins Inside Sales Program was created prior to the 2016 Season and has a proven track record of fostering the growth of its members and setting them up for success within the sports sales industry. This position will be responsible for generating new business through ticket offerings including but not limited to: Full Season Ticket Packages, Partial Season Ticket Packages, Group Ticket Programs, Suite, and Hospitality Spaces, and processing single game sales for Spring Training and the Regular Season. Success in this role will derive from executing call/email campaigns, meeting face to face with clients, availability to work events (typically 3-4 per month), ability to meet and exceed goals, and a continued commitment to professional development.
About the Minnesota Twins:
The Minnesota Twins play their games at Target Field and office out of the Ford Center right next door in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Pohlad family has owned the team since 1984 and as of 2022 Joe Pohlad serves as the Executive Chair. The Pohlad family and the Twins have shown a tremendous commitment to excellence both on and off the field. In addition to winning two World Series titles, Jim, Bob, and Bill Pohlad were recognized as Twin Cities Business's 2022 People of the Year for ''their commitment to rejuvenate downtown Minneapolis and to alleviate poverty and bolster racial justice''.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Conduct telephone campaigns to acquire new business and generate incremental revenue.
• Assist with inbound calls pertaining to sales and service-related questions and concerns.
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and yearly ticket sales goals.
• Maintain accurate documentation of all correspondence, prospects, and feedback.
• Assist customers in securing the preferred programs, seats, and events that best fit their needs.
• Process individual game ticket orders and facilitate other informational requests.
• Provide superior service to all customers.
• Represent the Club in a positive and professional manner during home games and select events.
• Other related duties as required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to meet goals and work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook; as well as ability to learn and master new software programs.
• Consistent, punctual, and regular attendance.
• Available to work flexible hours including some holidays, evenings, and weekends.
• Previous sports and/or sales experience is preferred.
• Able to work up to 32 hours per week.
• Able to lift and carry boxes & promotional equipment weighing as much as 30 pounds.
• Must be able to work in a seated position for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
• Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times.
This is a part-time, benefit eligible position that will average 32 hours per week.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; plus commission & bonus opportunities.
Are you excited about the role but don't meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job if they don't meet every qualification. At the Minnesota Twins, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14qvx-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.