Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
The Rigging Artist is responsible for designing and maintaining a smooth and efficient rig for 3d model assets. Must have a strong understanding of animation pipelines, production methods and a strong management style with excellent artistic & technical skills.
• Must be able to communicate and work in collaboration with Design, Animation and Scene Planning Drawing character sketches showing key movements.
• Creating joints and moving points to rotate and pivot.
• Creating, testing and maintaining consistency of setups.
• Ensuring character movements are fluid, free of glitches and believable.
• Writing MEL scripts to customize tools to specific automated requirements.
• Working with animators to create user-friendly characters.
• Following established character setup procedures.
• Identifying issues and following through with enquiries from animation team and troubleshoot them.
• Testing rigs and ensuring they hold up in animation.
• Maintain a good team dynamics.
• Solid knowledge of human & animal anatomy, mechanics and movement.
• Understanding of functionalities of limbs, the effect of skin weights, and the behavior of skin and flesh.
• Ability to create calisthenics to test extreme poses.
• Adaptability, especially in terms of quality and time constraints.
• Excellent working knowledge of Maya environment and Nodes.
• Good Knowledge in Auto Rigs.
• Strong skills in rigging tools and scripting languages like Mel, Python.
• Good communication skills.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage
• Previous experience with Games pipeline is plus.
• Having 3dx Max and C++ knowledge is an additional advantage.
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Mikros Animation, we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are broadly:
• Junior Artist
• Senior Artist
Basis the candidate's Demo reel quality, Test & interview performance and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g38pn9-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.