Modelling Feature Animation
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Artists have a commanding grasp of, and ability to execute on the artistic fundamentals of Modeling.
If you are passionate about Animation industry and you think you have what it takes to create believable lifelike performances with the use of requisite softwares, then we want to hear from you!
Essentials & other must have skills
• Have a strong understanding of and keen eye for the artistic fundamentals of Modeling / Sculpting
• Be fluent in the use of Maya / Mud Box / Z-Brush / tools / hardware used on the project, and commonly used throughout the studio
• Adequate understanding of modelling, rigging, hair, and fur workflow
• Able to deliver high quality on complex characters, sets, and facial blend shapes
• Possess strong understanding of poly count, mesh flow and muscle movement
• Basic understanding of texture, shading, rigging, and lighting
• Knowledge of hard surface and organic texturing, lighting, and shading.
• Strong knowledge of facial expressions, simple and complex hair styles, cloth behavior
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience with Animation & Games pipeline
• Basic painting (digital or traditional) and sketching ability is preferable
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Animation & Games, we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are broadly:
• Junior Artist
• Senior Artist
Basis the candidate's Demo reel quality, Test & interview performance and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3yvmq-54-210-223-150-42 in your application.