Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
The TD Lead leads and manages the show TD team responsible for the development, deployment and support of the Mikros pipeline for a given project. He/she does this in conjunction with the TD Supervisor, as well as the studio's film supervisors and other technical managers, in order to maximize the return on investment of pipeline improvements, while minimizing risk, loss and waste.
• Leads a team of Technical Directors and developers responsible for deploying, configuring and supporting the existing pipeline on a given show.
• Works with other pipeline managers, senior supervisors and technical managers to ensure updates of the studio pipeline meets the needs of the show.
• Ensure technical needs of the show diverges as little as possible from studio's pipeline while meeting the needs of his show.
• Works with production and technology managers to ensure adequate support coverage to meet the demands of his active project.
• Contributes to the design, implementation and evolution of a standardized animation pipeline.
• Serves as a reporting point for supervisors and production managers to resolve pipeline and workflow issues.
• Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts throughout the studio.
• College diploma or equivalent in computer science or computer graphics or equivalent experience in industry.
• At least 7 years of feature film post-production experience.
• Experience in management software, pipelines and/or technology teams.
• Production experience with Maya, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, Mari, and knowledge of relevant APIs.
• Previous experience working and developing with Shotgun or other production management systems.
• Previous development experience with Python in a production environment
• Experience of the Linux environment.
• Experience with code management with a versioning system like Git
• Must be able to work in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
• Strong knowledge of English
• Good communication skills, both written and spoken
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbzyp6-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.