Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
The Lead TD Layout manages a team of TDs responsible for the Previz/Layout, Confo Layout, Camera and FSD departments
The Lead TD Layout collaborates with the supervisors of these departments (and their artists) to optimize and maintain the tools used on a daily basis, or even to create new ones when necessary.
The Lead TD Layout is part of the Pipeline team and, as with any teamwork, may be required to assist their teammates on other tasks in order to maintain pipeline consistency. He is also in contact with the Softwares team and participates in the good communication and collaboration of these two teams.
• Lead and technically guide his team to establish a high level in the quality of tools delivered within production deadlines
• Implement effective strategies that will meet production requirements.
• Provides creative ideas and solutions to optimize visual and technical quality
• Understand the artistic requirements of the films, as well as the technical processes and manufacturing tools that will enable them to be met
• Help develop tools and associated procedures to support shots creation processes.
• Organize, prioritize and support the Previz/Layout, Confo Layout, Camera et FSD teams in solving daily problems through the right communication channels
• Maintain and improve the Mikros Animation Tools Box in the Previz/Layout, Confo Layout, Camera and FSD departments.
• Collaborate with other TD Lead in neighbouring departments in the manufacturing chain and provide them with the necessary assistance to ensure the efficiency and quality of the tools used
• Work according to Mikros Animation coding style
• Liaise with the software team to ensure compliance with internal practices
• Ensure the follow-up and the relevance of the creation and update of the technical documentation of the developed tools
• Test and validate new versions of pre-existing tools, both interactive ones and in an active production environment
• Optimize the workflow of the Layout/Previz department
• First experience in team management
• Strong knowledge of Python development
• Previous experiences as a TD on animation feature film, animation television series and/or VFX feature film projects
• Understanding of the Previz/Layout, Confo Layout, Camera et FSD departments
• Knowledge of Maya
• Advanced level of understanding of 3D packages, rendering technologies and principles of Previz/Layout, Confo Layout, Camera and FSD
• Ability to review code and resolve issues as they arise
• Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available software tools and proprietary software tools
• Ability to organize work effectively and prioritize requests made by artists while meeting expected production deadlines
• Strong knowledge of English
• Know how to adapt your technical and artistic discourse according to the people you are addressing
• Work as a team and share your knowledge
And valued assets…
• Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methods
• Code in C++
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r116nm-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.