Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the direction of the Rough/Final Layout Supervisor, the 3D Layout Artist is in charge of setting up the assets and cameras for the 3D scenes assigned. He/she must be able to make cinematographic proposals while respecting the director's intentions.
From the sequences received from the Editorial and under the responsibility of the Layout Supervisor:
• Create shots, position characters, environments, and key props of the action when necessary
• Propose relevant camera angles and movements, in line with the director's intentions
• Predefine the movements of the characters in the scene
• Guarantee the continuity of the shots and sequences
• Respect the quotas established and given by the Layout Supervisor and the Production Coordinator
Ensure the finalization of the camera work on the shots that will be assigned to him:
• Provide strong artistic and technical expertise.
• Ensure that the requested retakes are taken into account and follow up on them
• Respect the quotas given by the production
• Resolve camera and set dressing issues and be able to track cameras and shots as they move through the pipeline
• Have an eye for image composition and staging
• Strong storytelling skills
• Knowledge of focal lengths
• Have a very good knowledge of MAYA software
• A good level of English
And appreciated assets
• Have previous experience as a Layout Artist / Previs on animated films
• Knowledge of Shotgun
• Be comfortable with the Linux environment
• Experience in directing and/or editing.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke984-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.