Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the Head of Pipeline, Technical Managers (TD) are involved in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of the pipeline and production tools.
Led and accompanied by Lead TD Character, the TD FX specializes in FX workflow issues. He works closely with the Image division (dedicated to film production) which includes Surfacing/Texturing and Lighting.
• Develop tools and associated procedures to support image creation processes
• Understand the artistic requirements of the film, as well as the technical processes and manufacturing tools that will enable them to be met
• Support the teams of the FX division in solving daily problems through the right communication channels
• Enhance the 'Tool Box' Mikros Animation of the FX department.
• Test and validate new versions of existing tools (Houdini / Katana / Maya proprietary software), all in an active production environment
• Liaise with the Softwares team to ensure compliance with internal practices
• Understand the processes of the neighbouring departments in the production line and provide them with the necessary help to guarantee the efficiency and quality of the tools used
• Create and update technical documentation of developed tools.
• Work closely with artistic teams and other TDs
• Implement effective strategies that will meet the requirements of the COMPOSITING / TEXTURING / DMP divisions
• Work by following the Mikros Animation coding style allowing a good readability of the product code.
• Strong knowledge of Python development
• Previous experiences as a TD on animation feature film, animation television series and/or VFX feature film projects
• Understanding of FX department.
• Knowledge of Houdini / Katana / Maya
• Ability to review code and resolve issues as they arise
• Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available software tools and proprietary software tools
• Ability to organize work effectively and prioritize requests made by artists while meeting expected production deadlines
• Practice of English (written & oral), including technical English
• Know how to adapt your technical and artistic discourse according to the people you are addressing
• Work as a team and share your knowledge
Additional assets :
• Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methods
• Coding in C++
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm17q3-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.