Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
The Fx Artist participates in the creation of the film's various FX under the direction of the FX Supervisor and the CG Supervisor. He relies on both strong technical skills and a developed aesthetic sense to produce high quality FX, true to the style of the film.
He will be responsible for the creation of setups and the propagation of simulations such as fire, smoke, water, particles, etc., in the shots.
The manufacturing of these FX will be done in accordance with the internal technical workflow and the artistic vision established on the project.
• Ensuring effects are achieved on time, on budget and that the level of quality required by the FX Supervisor and Lead FX are met;
• Address technical issues;
• Identify best practices and approaches needed;
• Work closely with the production and ensure the delivery of the goods within the allocated time;
• Work in collaboration with Lead FX to achieve the visual requirements.
• Check that the generated FX are optimized for rendering.
• The artist will be in charge of checking his exports in the rendering software to make sure they match the setups validated by the client
• College diploma in 3D graphic arts/3D animation;
• Software Expertise Maya, Houdini, (Katana, Arnold and Nuke are an asset)
• Knowledge of Python / Mel (an asset)
• Knowledge of effects techniques such as particles, smoke, fire, dust, explosions and fluids
• Skills in solving technical problems
• Experience in feature film animation is an asset
• Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
• Work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritize and solve problems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e71q-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.