Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Mikros Animation Montreal is looking for an experienced Matte Painting Supervisor to join us on an exciting new animation project.
The Matte Painting Supervisor is responsible for the direction and management of the Matte Painting team while working under the supervision of the Line Producer and CG Supervisor.
They are in charge of giving the necessary coaching and training to its team in order to reach its objectives and is responsible for the entire process of DMP. As the Supervisor for the department, he brings and implements his expertise both technically and artistically for the completion of the project.
Our prospective Matte Painting Supervisor will need to combine technical and artistic knowhow with perceptive leadership. You should have the enthusiasm and ambition to inspire our team to surpass the top quality work they are already producing. The successful candidate will play a central role in ensuring Mikros continues to create top-class feature entertainment.
• Supervise the Matte Painting team (3 artists) and ensure a high quality of work.
• Work with production coordinators to divide and assign shots to the team according to the inventory.
• Implement and deliver technical solutions in collaboration with the Environment Supervisor.
• Train and guide the Matte Painting team, promoting collaboration and team spirit.
• Be accountable for retakes and ensure their follow-up.
• Be in direct contact with R&D.
• Respect the quotas set by production.
• Proven experience in leading a team of artists as Lead or Matte Painting Supervisor
• A strong technical background is essential.
• Highest proficiency in Nuke and Photoshop.
• Strong knowledge in Maya is required.
• Thorough understanding of 3D and animation movies production pipeline.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Being proactive and able to adapt is extremely important.
• Bilingual and excellent communication skills (French and English).
• Knowledge of Python is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87666-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.