Digital Matte Painter
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
• To digitally and stylistically extend the environments, in-line with the vision of the Director and Art Director
• Create complex digital backgrounds, landscapes, and environments in a 3D world using a range of digital tools involving painting and rendering programs
• Working with the DMP Supervisor, extrapolate art direction: i.e. design, architectural style, lighting and graphics, which adhere to the Director's overall vision
• Setup and execute 3D paintings in-line with the technical aspects of the work created
• Develop the atmosphere on a range of vistas
• Texture fixing: define and stretch textures where required
• Collaborate with the Art Department, Layout, Modeling, Look Development, Final Set Dressing, Lighting and Compositing, and Stereo teams
• Digital Mattepainting, Illustration, conceptart, Traditionnal painting skills
• Proven ability to complete paintings within a fast paced, dynamic, deadline driven environment, according to expectations
• 2.5D/3D projecting experience
• Knowledge of Nuke/Maya/Photoshop
• A comprehensive knowledge of the film, digital production processes and digital matte painting production, Excellent attention to detail
• Experience working on animated features preferred but not required
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Proven strong communication skills, and ability to work well with others in a team environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k669-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.