Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Mikros is seeking CFX artists who have a passion for fun, stylistic cloth and hair simulation.
Artists will work with the CFX Supervisor and Leads to create and execute the Director's vision on the production.
Committed to creating high quality animated film, our current project offers many fun and creative challenges.
Cloth artists' responsibilities will generally include creating assets for cloth and hair, shot simulation and ensuring quality assurance.
• Build and maintain the cloth and hair assets
• Using Maya to create nCloth and nHair simulations
• Using Yeti to create additional hair simulation
• Work with some proprietary cloth and hair technology
• Correct cloth and hair simulations as needed
• Prepare the presentation elements for the reviews in Shotgun
• Knowledge of Maya essential
• Mastery of nCloth and nHair
• Knowledge of Yeti is a plus
• Knowledge of rigging is a plus
• Knowledge of Python scripting would be a plus
• Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving;
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to make suggestions and to adapt
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ronw93-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.