Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Who's ready? Mikros Animation Montréal is now in production on the new SpongeBob SquarePants movie. We are looking for a CFX Supervisor to join our team of incredible talents!
The CFX Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of artists and ensuring their work respects the highest quality standards and production's schedule. A strong technical background is also essential. Under the supervision of the CG and Technical Animation Supervisors, the CFX Supervisor is responsible for implementing the best technical approaches to create stunning visual effects.
• Supervise the CFX team (3 artists) and ensure the quality of the work out of the department.
• Work with production coordinators to schedule the team.
• Implement and deliver technical solutions, in collaboration with the Technical Animation Supervisor and the Hair Lead.
• Train and guide the CFX team, promoting collaboration and team spirit within the department.
• Be accountable for the retakes and ensure their follow-up.
• Be in direct contact with R&D.
• Respect the quotas set by production.
• Proven experience in leading a team of CFX artists.
• Strong knowledge of Maya is essential.
• Thorough understanding of 3D and animation movies production pipeline.
• Good knowledge of nCloth et nHair.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Being proactive and able to adapt is extremely important.
• Good communication skills (French and English).
• Bilingual (French and English).
• Knowledge of Python and Houdini, a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8z2e-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.