Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Mikros is seeking 3D character animators who have a passion for performance, action, and design sensibilities. In our fast-paced studio, candidates will thrive as part of our team under the direction of the Animation leadership team, collaborating to achieve the Director's vision. Committed to creating high quality animation and great performances, our current project offers many fun and creative challenges.
Animators' responsibilities will be to animate compelling performances within assigned shots. A strong sense of 2D design, facial animation, and body mechanics (realistic and cartoony) are preferred and should be demonstrated in a demo reel.
• Work from the storyboard/layout and create feature level, key-framed animation;
• Collaborate with Animation Leads and Director to find great performances;
• Hit animation deadlines established by production;
• Be an active part of dailies and rounds;
• Contribute to building shared assets such as the animation library and character rigs
• College diploma or equivalent in 3D computer graphics/3D animation;
• More than 3 years
or more than 5 years
of proven work experience in 3D animation using MAYA in a film production/animated TV series;
• A strong background in feature CG character animation, 2D animation and drawing/design skills, a plus;
• Strong understanding of the principles of 2D cartoony animation as well posing, timing, weight and facial expressions;
• Ability to understand and effectively interpret a storyboard and the Director's feedback;
• Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools;
• Knowledge of RV and Shotgun useful;
• An eye for whacky, cartoony animation, being ok with bending and breaking animation rules;
• A Team player and has excellent communication skills;
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx41k-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.