- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The Miami Marlins seek an Education Initiatives Assistant to join our Player Development team. We are dedicated to serving our players, equipping them with the necessary language, life, and inter-personal skills to thrive in the United States and in their own lives. We seek an Education Initiatives Assistant that is equally dedicated to developing our baseball players. The Education Initiatives Assistant will be responsible for assisting in a positive educational environment that meets the needs of our players. The successful candidate will work closely with the Education Team to develop and implement a curriculum that provides education, physical health, cognitive development, and emotional wellbeing to all players in the Miami Marlins organization.
• Act as our Education Initiatives Assistant, going above and beyond to support Miami Marlins players and teachers in teaching both English and Spanish.
• Create lesson plans according to player needs and levels for both English and Spanish.
• Attend Community Service events for minor league players based in Jupiter, FL.
• Analyze and report player needs to the Education and Player Development staff.
• Assist in the delivery of life-skills curriculum in the US
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bilingual – English/Spanish.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to self-direct.
• Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays during the season.
• Great communication and organizational skills.
• A passion for teaching and the ability to build a trusting relationship with players.
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
• College or associate degree is preferred or undergoing a related degree.
• Experience tutoring and/or teaching.
• Classroom management experience.
• Demonstrated baseball research and strong technical ability.
• Understanding of and passion for the game of baseball.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy1pmq-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.