Film Development Executive
Beverly Hills, CA
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an experienced Vice President of Physical Production to manage the day to day operations of its Scripted Television division. The successful candidate will be proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities. Both set and field show experience are required.
• Management of Showrunners, EP's and Line Producers to help prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback on viability and risks
• Work closely with the creative team, ensuring the best possible production process with all parties to deliver the creative vision of the TV Production within budget
• Oversee internal and external teams to lock budget
• Ensure productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget
• Inform and draft production schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Post) & external production team to lock schedule
• Leading in-house studio production team to ensure workflow tasks are completed and production issues are communicated to production/studio/network
• Troubleshoot and communicate all production changes to internal and external teams
• Direct and approve hiring of key production team by Producers
• BA/BS Degree
• 7+ years of experience in a key role in Physical Production in scripted television
• A complete understanding of the scripted television production process and proven expertise in previous roles
• Relationships with the various entertainment guilds and unions for film and TV including without limitation SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA and IATSE
• Production experience on foreign locations preferred
• Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Mail
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw886n-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.