Manager, Workflow & Ops
Culver City, CA
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (''MGM'') is seeking an experienced Content Operator and QC Specialist. In this role your primary responsibility is to ensure that the MGM content library is properly managed via automated workflows from ingestion through proxy creation, qc, transcoding, metadata creation, packaging, drm, and delivery to both internal and external OTT platforms, internal services and third-party affiliates. You will create and monitor all media workflows to meet expected delivery timelines and triage as necessary. You have strong communication, problem solving and customer service skills that allow our customers to enjoy MGM content delivered on-time and above expectation.
• Superb communication skills -- verbal, written, and presentation
• 5+ yrs. experience in Content Operations/QC, ideally in a video delivery environment
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve common workflow exceptions
• Prior experience with streaming media technology, OVP platforms, video workflows (transcoding, video streaming file formats, codecs, DRM, timed text, and CDN)
• Knowledge and/or experience handling studio media assets and processes
• Knowledge and/or experience of metadata concepts and formats (XML, JSON)
• Understanding of media planners and ability to create jobs from planners
• Strong fundamentals in Video QC standards and practices
• Knowledge of codec's, wrappers, technical specs and metadata systems
• An Understanding of media management techniques and post production services
• Knowledge of OTT platforms and Digital Supply Chains
• Knowledge of Media Asset Management Platforms (MAM, DAM, PAM)
• Ability to perform technical evaluation of audio, video, subtitles, and graphics
• QC skillset includes knowledge of (PAL offsets, Frame Rate Conversion, Drift/Time Sync Issues, Caption Validation, Spot Check and Eyes on Glass visual QC, Report Validation)
• Previous experience with QC validation tools and ability to mark qc discrepancies (Iris Pro, Clipster, Quicktime, Final Cut, Premiere, etc.)
• Proficient in Excel
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkkmp-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Become a part of one of the most dynamic and iconic entertainment studios in the world. Enjoy a collegial familial work environment that is brimming with excitement growth and success. Our team is full of forward thinking, open minded, and enthusiastic employees that continuously nourish our growing company. We are committed to bringing on the most talented, passionate and creative people, who want to succeed at a company that promotes internal growth and encourages opportunities to those who are passionate about growing alongside this company.