Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to
make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the
development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a
fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria.
We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
Are you an experienced, pragmatic cranker of codes that has worked on and
shipped high performance game code? Perhaps our open role of Generalist
Software Engineer appeals to you! You will report to a senior engineering team
member and work with the rest of the team to solve a broad category of problems we encounter in game development.
What you'll do:
• Work with the senior engineering team in solving complex problems across
the tech stack using C++ and C#.
• Design & implement core technology features that facilitate running a sports
simulation at 60hz across a variety of platforms.
• Enhance existing systems to solve the needs of the art or gameplay teams.
• Own features and collaborate with team members to solve problems
• Evaluate and integrate 3rd party libraries.
Qualities we're looking for:
• 5+ years of professional C++ experience.
• Advanced debugging skills.
• Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Familiarity with a Visual Studio / Windows development environment.
• Experience developing, debugging, and successfully shipping software
• Ability to work in and comprehend a large codebase with interacting
• A high level of comfort reasoning about multi-threaded code, its performance
characteristics and interactions with other systems.
• Willingness to context switch to unfamiliar features/tasks to keep a project on
• An eye for finding simple solutions to complex problems.
Bonus points for...
• Familiarity with C#
• Experience with AWS, MSBuild, SQL.
• A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer
• Experience with console development environments
• Shipped console or PC games.
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we're always looking for:
• Passion. You love programming and are always looking to learn more and
hone your craft. Your shower thoughts are often software related.
• A sense of humility and ability to thrive in a team environment. You look for
help when you're stuck and you want to help your teammates when they
• A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task
versus recognizing that it's time to get 'er done and move on to the next
thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
• A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It's just a fact
of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage
of a project.
• Drive to execute. Projects you've worked on in the past (personal or
professional) got finished, and got finished properly... and it had a lot to do
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1306-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.