Full Time Job
Web Application Software Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWelcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, and storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
At Maxis, we're looking for engineers to build web application powered dynamic in-game content and provide tools for administration and community management.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built Maxis games for more than two decades. You will work with multiple artists, designers, producers, and both client and backend engineers, prototyping and shipping features that enable richer, more dynamic content for new Maxis titles and that enable the next generation of content creation, administration, and community management tools for a number of EA games. You will report to a Development Director for the backend services team and the bulk of your work will be done in Typescript using the Angular framework.
As a Web Application Software Engineer at Maxis, you will
• Develop responsive, and performant user interfaces built on the latest web tech that will be seen by, or support content for, millions of players
• Work with artists and designers to build components and styles consistent with the game's look and feel and that are suitable for console, desktop, and mobile devices
• Build out software that supports customer experience teams for multiple games, enabling administration and community management features, including moderation for a large volume of user-generated content
• Define coding conventions, project structures, and build processes for web tech projects
• Select technologies and tooling that are up to date with the latest developments in web tech and that support clean, performant code
• Integrate with both internal and external backend services, iterating collaboratively with backend engineers
• Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under changing requirements during the initial game development and subsequent live support periods
• Author and review technical design documents and specifications detailing software requirements
• Maintain a suite of automated tests that validate the correctness of both logic and presentation code
Please note that you do not need to hold all listed qualifications to be considered.
We encourage you to apply if you hold most of the listed qualifications and are comfortable opening a dialog with our team.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• You've shipped and supported public-facing web applications (Angular, NodeJS, React, etc...)
• You own large systems and features from design to deployment, including live support
• You develop high-quality, testable software
• You have experience monitoring web application UX as well as measuring and optimizing web application performance
• You have a desire to work with client engineers, backend engineers, and designers to iteratively add features and bring designs to life
• You're willing to iterate quickly and develop multiple short-lived prototypes
• You have strong attention to detail, both in programming and in refining visual results
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy
• You have a desire to teach and learn from your peers
• You have experience developing web applications for a variety of devices and screen formats, including mobile devices
• You've built software with Typescript
• You've shipped web applications using Angular
• You've leveraged A/B testing and metrics for UX insights
• You've worked in the games industry before
• You've worked on large teams using version control tools like Git
• You have experience working on large data-driven projects
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojmy6-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.