Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
Maxis is looking for a Technical Artist. We have projects in both production and pre production phases, and we are looking for talented teammates to collaborate with to bring our new characters & worlds to life. If you are passionate about bringing the latest trends in technology to bear against your craft, and collaborating with others to develop best in class experiences for new and existing IPs … come join our team.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
Reporting To: Senior Technical Art Director
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborate with Technical Artists, Engineers, and Environment Artists to develop industry leading content pipelines.
• Work with technical art leads to develop procedural content pipelines for Unreal Engine, Houdini, and Substance, empowering world building and object artists to craft best in class content.
• Work with TDs and TADs to develop content performance plans, profile performance, monitor asset budgets, and provide performance guidance, based on established metrics and reporting methods.
• Develop and maintain pipelines supporting large libraries of game art content in live service ecosystems.
• Use commercial and proprietary software to create high-quality 3D art prototypes as proof of concept for project functional and aesthetic goals.
• Support artists troubleshooting level construction and world production roadblocks.
• Collaborate with Technical Art partners across EA to develop and share pipelines and best practices.
• Understand the requirements and constraints of game design, engine, and platform.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualifications and Skills
• 3+ years professional experience working as a Technical Artist in real-time engines such as Unity and Unreal Game Engine.
• Experience with Level/Scene management and optimization.
• Proficiency with Maya and modern DCC applications.
• Proficiency in Python, particularly for scripting in Maya and DCC applications.
• Experience writing tools to aid environment, object, or animation artist workflows.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple disciplines to achieve team technical objectives.
• Ability to create solid documentation and training material.
• Experience in Perforce or other version control software.
• Experience with Shotgun, Jira or other bug tracking and project management software.
• Experience with Houdini workflows, VEX, HDAs, and Houdini Engine for Unreal.
• Experience with Unreal Blueprint and/or asset scripting.
• Experience with Unreal Lighting, Post, and Niagara Visual Effects systems.
• Experience with Unreal Materials & PBR fundamentals.
• Skills in Substance Designer & Painter workflows.
• Experience developing for iOS/Android.
• Experience developing for console hardware (XB1/XBX/PS4/PS5).
• Background in photography, painting, sculpting, concept art, or animation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzj641-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.