DRE are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. We pride ourselves on providing automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams. We are looking for someone to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) in Vancouver, Canada or as a remote resource, as a Build Engineer and provide excellent services to our internal partner development teams.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
As a build software engineer at EA, you will collaborate with various team members including software engineers, technical directors and engineering managers across multiple disciplines - CI/CD, infrastructure environments, automation pipelines with workflows. You will report to the Engineering Manager work with team members and partners worldwide, contributing to the both the innovation and creation of our platform, actively troubleshooting and resolving issues, and improving reliability across our systems.
You bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 3+ years of experience in a technical role focused on build automation made up of complex services and systems.
• 3+ years of experience with Virtualization, Containerization, Cloud Computing (AWS or Azure preferred), VMWare ecosystems, Kubernetes, or Docker.
• 2+ years of experience monitoring infrastructure and application availability (e.g. Splunk, ElasticSearch)
• Proficient in object-oriented/scripting languages (e.g C#, Java, Groovy, Python)
• Experience delivering resources to reduce onboarding and integration time for partners.
• Automation and orchestration experience including Terraform, Ansible, GitLab CI, Jenkins
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting, Cloud services, Windows and Linux environments.
• Game engine experience with Unreal and/or Unity
• Enthusiasm to work within a team formed of members from multiple countries and cultures.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy5503-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.