Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
In this role you will be part of the reimagining of The Sims that players know and love. The Sims is one of the top selling PC game franchise of all time and The Sims 4 is by far our most successful Sims game. We have 65 million registered players of the base game. To date, The Sims 4 has shipped over 50 content packs and countless base game feature and quality of life updates. The Sims 4 continues to transcend being ''just a game'' and continues to be a positive force in people's lives while occupying a unique creative space in the game industry. We're excited you're interested to learn more about how you can join our team and dream big. For more information about The Sims, follow @TheSims on Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, like The Sims on Facebook, visit TheSims.com newsroom and tune into Behind The Sims on Youtube for the latest news and updates.
You will be reporting to the Development Director.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
As a Simulation Engineer for a game at Maxis, you will:
• Work with designers, producers, artists, and other core and backend engineers to build a framework that brings designs to life.
• Implement a data-driven simulation system to author player facing behaviors in C++.
• Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during game development.
• Build creative aspects of life within a simulation game (e.g. socialization, careers, weather, or unique characters).
• Author technical design documents detailing software requirements.
• Build unique content for a game that supports a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
• Work in collaborative environments with multi-disciplinary roles beyond engineering like design, production, art and product management.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Demonstrate technical abilities with large projects implemented in C++.
• Hands-on experience building and shipping AAA games in Unreal engine.
• Previous engineering experience overseeing major systems in code bases.
• Hands-on experience and willingness to create multiple short-lived prototypes.
• 3+ Years Experience developing for large-scale live products; products that update to provide higher quality, and feature set to expand the possibilities in the game.
• Experience building features and tools for games (or applications) that support a collaborative User Generated Content community.
• Experience optimizing performance and memory of real-time applications (like games).
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools.
• Experience developing for both PC and Mobile platform games.
• Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Experience leading engineers in different projects.
• Experience with Machine Learning techniques applied in the games domain.
• Experience with shipping games built in Unreal engine.
• Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $147,400 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy3w6-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.