Remote / Virtual
Senior Experience Designer - UI/Visual Design - Maxis
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
As a Senior Experience Designer with Maxis, you'll report to the Development Director and work with a team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to develop amazing experiences for our highly engaged players, as well as new players.
You should excel in a collaborative and iterative environment and help lead these processes and methods forward. You will work with your Engineering, Game Design, UXR and Production partners to create experiences that surprise, delight, and invite millions of gamers around the world to Play with Life.
• Drive user-centered design processes to provide outstanding design solutions for Maxis games.
• Partner with XD Director and the larger XD team.
• Maintain and adhere to an existing comprehensive design system.
• Be a promoter of usability, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
• Drive design solutions that are informed by player data (quantitative and qualitative).
• Partner with user research to conduct studies on future work, analyze the data, and formulate results.
• Craft UX artifacts: experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes.
• Produce conceptual mocks and visual artifacts.
• Work with engineers and implement UI in game engine.
• Architect player flows, screens, content, and states that promote ease of use and are engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
• Partner with various team members to find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
• Lead initiatives for product development, feature design and/or a team of experienced designers'
• At least 6+ years of UX/UI experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role. Your experience includes some combination of: game and/or mobile products, live service and social networks.
• Hands-on experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
• A portfolio demonstrating user-centered designs across multiple digital products. Creating research and data informed designs that meet player needs and their motivations.
• You have an optimistic outlook, the desire to inspire excellence.
• Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity.
• You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
• You have a passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
• You are comfortable presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
• You can clearly articulate yourself with excellent written and verbal communication to a broad range of audiences.
• Proficiency in multiple modern design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Principal, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.
• Familiarity with life simulation genre and games.
*Please include portfolio link and password if applicable. Also, please be prepared to show most recent accomplishments/processes/case studies/projects. Super excited!!!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6qw1-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.