Quality Designer (Senior QA Specialist)
At Maxis, our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world . Maxis is a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
Who are Quality Designers?
• Champions of Quality - They ensure that overall quality of the game is always at the core of development
• Thought Leaders - They continually integrate past learnings and bleeding edge technology into their work
• Voices of the Player - They are driven by the player experience in everything they do
• Teammates - They partner with game teams and each other to deliver one unified vision of the game
• Mentors - They learn from each other to continually improve our quality processes
• You will advocate for quality in every facet of game development, production and design
• You will partner with development, production and design teams to deliver a high quality player experience
• You will Identify and correlate various data points and metrics that have an impact on the product quality and quality score
• You will improve testing processes to ensure exceptional quality at every stage of development
• You will report progress and status through regular communication with appropriate managers and other team members
• You will work remotely with an international team to ensure that testing procedures we implement are modern and contemporary
• 3+ years' of experience in a quality assurance-related role
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks, and methodologies
• Experience working within a continuous delivery or continuous deployment model
• Understanding of software development languages (C++, Python, etc.)
• Strong grasp of Telemetry Systems in modern gaming products
• Knowledge of database search and access functionality
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $78,500 - $119,650
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $73,150 - $119,650
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $84,750 - $119,650
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $73,150 - $97,500
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $73,150 - $105,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qyej-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.