Redwood City, CA
Object Modeler - Contract
Term: 12 months
Maxis is looking for you to be a part of the creative team working on The Sims 4. We ask that you are motivated and can work well with a cross-disciplinary group.
The Sims 4 is looking to fill a role for Object Modeler. Architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, vegetation; as an Object Modeler you create all of these and more. You hand paint your textures and know how to improve a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as an Object Modeler, you are comfortable working within a technical pipeline with Animators and Engineers. You can run with a task with little oversight but are able to receive feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
You will report to one of the Artist Development Directors within the studio.
• Create and debug assets in The Sims 4 while maintaining technical standards.
• Model and texture high quality modeling assets.
• Work with multiple development disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to assess and improve assets.
• Maintain technical and aesthetical coherence with the Sims brand.
• 2+ years of experience in art game development
• At least one shipped title in the role of Modeling or equivalent on PC or major console
• Proficient experience with 3D Software such as Maya & Photoshop.
• Strong time management and communication skills.
• Strong traditional art skill in drawings or sketches.
• Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
• Good use of light and shadow.
• Breadth of artistic styles, especially hand painted.
• An understanding of optimization for game engines.
• Excellent sense of quality and craftsmanship.
• Bonus: Experience with ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Marmoset, etc.
• Bonus: Experience rigging models for animation
• Bonus: Examples of traditional art (i.e. figure drawings, still life)
• Bonus: Familiarity with The Sims
Candidates must submit a portfolio illustrating their 3D modeling and texturing skill set to be considered for this role.
Our Global Benefits package is not included for this particular role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn83p-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.