Modeler - Maxis (The Sims)
Remote options across EU/UK Time Zone
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it's about amazing our fans. Taking risks, collaborating with each other and daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
The Sims 4 is looking for an Object Modeler. Architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, vegetation; as an Object Modeler you create all of these and more. You hand paint your textures and know how to optimize a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as an Object Modeler you aren't afraid of working within a technical pipeline and are comfortable problem solving with Animators and Engineers. You are confident enough to run with a task with little oversight but are open to feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
You will report into the Development Director.
• Create and debug assets in The Sims 4 while maintaining technical standards.
• Model and texture high quality assets.
• Work with multiple development disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to assess and improve assets.
• Maintain technical and aesthetical coherence with the Sims brand.
Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years professional experience in art game development
• Proficient experience with 3D Software such as Maya & Photoshop.
• Strong time management and communication skills.
• Strong traditional art skill in drawings or sketches.
• Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
• Good use of light and shadow.
• Breadth of artistic styles, especially hand painted.
• An understanding of optimization for game engines.
• Excellent sense of quality and craftsmanship.
Nice to have:
• Experience with ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Marmoset, etc.
• Experience rigging models for animation
• Familiarity with The Sims
Candidates must submit a portfolio illustrating their 3D modeling and texturing skill set to be considered for this role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyj50-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.