Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
Teams are building the next generation game and creative platform, Project Rene and reimagining The Sims that players know and love with even more new ways to play. We're excited you're interested to learn more about how you can join our team and dream big.
You will be reporting to the Senior Production Director.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
As a Producer for Maxis you will…
• Help define the vision for Simulation as an ever-progressive product and service for the game development team.
• Mentor and oversee junior producers working in the Simulation group.
• Build and maintain road maps and backlogs for the Simulation group and reconcile priorities with those of the overall team and project.
• Be comfortable with prioritizing features and scope, with an obsession for quality.
• Champion the cause of making first-in-class development tools and workflows a part of our team's DNA.
• Help define and utilize metrics to provide insight into Tools and Automation needs and impact and to inform roadmap and backlog prioritization.
• Regularly evaluate features and coordinate team playtests and feedback gathering.
• Regularly interface with stakeholders to gather feature requests and keep them informed of product and roadmap updates.
• Drive the creation and maintenance of feature documentation and onboarding material for both developers and users.
• Coordinate with the engineering team and Development Directors for vision kick off, task tracking, and milestone check ins.
• Share process decisions and vision with your team.
• Aid leadership with executive check ins and product milestone presentation materials. Present at regular team and studio meetings.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• 5+ years experience in a development team role.
• 3+ years experience in a production, lead, or design role.
• At least two shipped products in a Lead Role.
• Experience in early stage R&D/pre-production on at least one product that shipped.
• Strong expertise with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Experience working in highly collaborative environments with multidisciplinary roles beyond production like design, engineering, art, and product management.
• Demonstrable experience in building/leading/improving high morale, efficient, predictable teams.
• Experience developing for PC, Console, and Mobile platform games, tools, or applications.
• Experience managing and mentoring producers and designers in different projects.
• Experience working closely with Experience Research and Consumer Insights to research and evaluate experiences.
• Experience developing content creation or game development tools or applications.
• Experience integrating automation, AI, or machine learning to augment development tools, workflows, and processes.
• Experience working in large data-drive games or applications.
• Experience in fostering strong remote work environments.
Visit us at: https://www.ea.com/ea-studios/maxis
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $126,700 - $171,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0mn3-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.