Feature Producer (Tools & Automation) - The Sims
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
In this role you will be part of the Project Rene team building out the next generation game and creative platform. Project Rene is a Mobile + HD cross-platform that allows players to play The Sims alone or with friends, without barriers, for the first time ever. Explore the dramatic lives of your Sims in the most accessible, dynamic Simulation to date. Players can create characters, customize furniture, design apartments, and more using accessible tools. We're excited you're interested to learn more about how you can join our team and dream big. For more information about The Sims, follow @TheSims on Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, like The Sims on Facebook, visit TheSims.com newsroom and tune into Behind The Sims on YouTube for the latest news and updates.
You will be reporting to the Senior Production Director.
Location: Remote North America - open to most North America locations
As a Tools and Automation Producer for Maxis you will…
• Help define the vision for Tools and Automation as an ever-progressive product and service for the game development team.
• Mentor and oversee junior producers working in the Tools and Automation group.
• Build and maintain road maps and backlogs for the Tools and Automation group and reconcile priorities with those of the overall team and project.
• Be comfortable prioritizing features and scope, with an obsession for quality.
• Champion the cause of making first-in-class development tools and workflows a part of our team's DNA.
• Help define and utilize metrics to provide insight into Tools and Automation needs and impact and to inform roadmap and backlog prioritization.
• Regularly evaluate features and coordinate team playtests and feedback gathering.
• Regularly interface with stakeholders to gather Tools and Automation requests and keep them informed of product and roadmap updates.
• Drive the creation and maintenance of Tools and Automation documentation and onboarding material for both Tools and Automation developers and users.
• Coordinate with the engineering team and Development Directors for vision kick off, task tracking, and milestone check ins.
• Share process decisions and vision with your team.
• Aid leadership with executive check ins and product milestone presentation materials. Present at regular team and studio meetings.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• 5+ years experience in a development team role.
• 3+ years experience in a production, lead, or design role.
• At least two shipped products in a Lead Role.
• Experience in early stage R&D/pre-production on at least one product that shipped.
• Strong expertise with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Experience working in highly collaborative environments with multidisciplinary roles beyond production like design, engineering, art, and product management.
• Demonstrable experience in building/leading/improving high morale, efficient, predictable teams.
• Experience developing for PC, Console, and Mobile platform games, tools, or applications.
• Experience managing and mentoring producers and designers in different projects.
• Experience working closely with Experience Research and Consumer Insights to research and evaluate experiences.
• Experience developing content creation or game development tools or applications.
• Experience integrating automation, AI, or machine learning to augment development tools, workflows, and processes.
• Experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Experience in fostering strong remote work environments.
Visit us at: https://www.ea.com/ea-studios/maxis
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $126,700 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyjz5-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.