Associate Animator (Contract) - Maxis
Associate Animator (Contract)
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
You will report into one of our studio Development Directors.
12 - Month Contract
• Create expressive character animation that portrays multiple emotions.
• Create content that meets technical requirements.
• Perform as a contributor of the animation production process.
• Use both Maya and proprietary art tools to implement animated characters and objects in the game.
• Work with Engineering, Audio and Design to ensure animation meets technical and game play requirements.
• Make sure all work is clean and organized with regards to assets within each file and file structure and storage.
• 3+ years of professional character animation experience using Maya, Max, or equivalent.
• Must exhibit strong traditional animation principles (timing, spacing, squash and stretch…) and can demonstrate that knowledge.
• Understanding of creative and technical challenges of video game animation.
• Animation experience with FK and IK skeletal systems.
• Self-Motivated towards solving creative problems.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Solid organization and efficient time management.
• You proactively seek direction and clarification
• Experience delivering in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d522ze-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.