Animator (contract) - Maxis
Animator - Contract
Location: Redwood Shores
Term: 6 months
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
You will report into one of our studio Development Directors.
• Create expressive character animation that portrays multiple emotions
• Deliver content that meets technical requirements
• Perform as a key contributor of the animation production process
• Use both Maya and proprietary art tools to implement animated characters and objects in the game
• Work with Engineering, Audio and Design to ensure animation meets technical and game play requirements
• Make sure all work is clean and organized with regards to assets within each file as well as file structure and storage
• 3+ years of professional character animation experience using Maya, Max, or equivalent
• Must exhibit strong traditional animation principles (timing, spacing, squash and stretch, etc…) and can demonstrate that knowledge
• Understanding of creative and technical challenges particular to video game animation
• Animation experience with FK and IK skeletal systems
• Ability to take direction well
• Self-Motivated towards solving creative problems
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Solid organization and efficient time management. Takes direction and seeks clarification when necessary.
• You are able collaborate with other game team leads in a deadline driven environment.
Our Global Benefits package is not included for this particular role.