Sales Operations Coordinator
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Marvel is looking for a dedicated and highly-motivated Publishing Sales Operations Sr Manager to be responsible for supporting our sales operations with key distribution partners, and ensuring critical metadata creation and changes are delivered accurately and on time to our distributors.
The Sr Manager is responsible for supporting the Publishing sales team in creating, updating, tracking and planning all sales and sales materials for the direct, book, and digital markets based on the direction from the VP of Print & Digital Publishing. The Sr Manager will also assist in managing inventory and out of stock titles for comics and collected editions.
This position will also actively interact with the Publishing Operations, Print Production, and Editorial departments regarding project and metadata creation and maintenance, reacting to manufacturing issues that affect sales or transfers of stock, and securing direction and support to various publishing programs in order to meet set goals and due dates.
• Works with our distributors and especially amongst Marvel Publishing Sales, Operations, and Print Production.
• Oversees the uploading of all related metadata including title, price, credits, and description for print catalog creation.
• Manages routine publishing status and metadata update and correction sweeps within distributor databases. (Print and Digital)
• Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales metadata and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.
• Recommends revisions to existing data; and assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
• Creates and uploads fact sheets (such as author bios, selling points, and marketing plans) for focus titles to our distributors.
• Marketing/Sales contact for digital comic partners
• Maintain digital comic release schedule
• Manage digital comic Production Schedule for deliveries to partners
• Metadata creation for digital comic partners
• Marketing and social messaging coordination
• Discount sales scheduling and post-mortem reporting
• Coordination with New Media Editorial and Social to promote digital initiatives
• Initiate and activate co-promotional opportunities to drive new user acquisition
• 10 years proven experience in Sales Operations and/or relevant work experience.
• Experience in the publishing, toy, gift, collectibles, and/or novelties industry.
• Good ability to build relationships with business partners.
• Proven ability to work in agile, fast-growing environment and with multiple teams.
• Strong analytical, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Must have patience, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Excellent understanding of processes and proven ability to constantly improve these processes.
• Must have experience in EDI management and troubleshooting.
• Must be computer savvy. Knowledge of how to use a PC and/or a Mac is required.
• Must be an Excel super-user. VLookups and pivot table knowledge is required.
• Must understand both print and digital versions of Marvel comics and collected editions.
BA / BS degree in applicable fields of study or relevant work experience.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqo3oz-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.