Full Time Job
Sr Director, Business Development & Prod Strat, Marvel Games
- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
Job DescriptionYOU WILL:
• Join an exceedingly high-expectations team that has a strong culture of camaraderie and is comprised of individuals who care passionately, think deeply and strategically about everything they do, across every discipline
• Work with the SVP, Head of Business Development as well the rest of the business team, to help manage and grow our footprint, through either working with existing partners or exploring new avenues in a rapidly changing landscape
• Assume ownership, drive and negotiate long-form contracts, amendments and other deals with current and potential partners in an end-to-end manner, working closely with Marvel's legal and finance teams
• Perform analysis/valuations of current and future products/initiatives to ensure we make highly-informed, insightful and at times even counter-intuitive decisions about the future of Marvel in gaming across a 10-year time horizon
• Collaborate with the finance team and top management to help prepare product and business-level planning, analyze market comps to build trend analyses using NPD and App Annie data
• Work with the rest of the TWDC international teams to facilitate our games' and partners' success in strategic growth markets, whether through local/regional partnerships or synergy opportunities
• Have a genuine shot at making a positive impact on the gaming industry through helping bring forth great, bar-setting games in a collaborative manner with some of the best partners in business
• 10+ years of directly applicable work experience in games business development, product management or publishing, either at a major IP holder, game developer, publisher or platform
• Domain expertise and fundamental grasp of gaming trends and developing tastes across many gaming segments, including broad audience titles beyond the scope of traditional AAA
• Domain expertise and fundamental grasp of either F2P or premium business models, ideally also strong insights or experience on emerging trends such as subscription, UGC, and P2E
• A keenly analytical and framework-oriented mind, both of quantitative (excel sheets, business models) and qualitative (game genres, trends) nature, as well as a whiteboard-debate-eager, insights-fueled, hypothesis-driven approach to identifying and evaluating industry trends
• A love of working with numbers as much as with people, and valuing the journey/process of building a gaming business as much as the destination
• Excellent communication, conflict resolution and partner management skills, preferably prior experience in business negotiations
• A constant, unyielding desire to overdeliver, going above and beyond what is required in any given situation
• A deep familiarity with and appreciation of Marvel IP
YOU WILL NEED TO SEND:
• Your 1-page Resume
• A Cover Letter which should include answers to following questions:
• Why did you join the Games industry? (200-word limit)
• What's your dream future game? (200-word limit)
• Which accomplishment are you most proud of so far? (200-word limit)
• What is your biggest failure so far and what did you learn? (200-word limit)
• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (200-word limit)
• What games are you currently playing and what do you like about them?
• If you can be any Marvel Super Hero or Super Villain, which one would you choose and why?
Are you a dedicated gamer who loves Super Heroes? Are you ready to join an expert team that will bring the full might of legendary Marvel characters to awesome games? Do the words level up and chicken dinner excite you? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
We are Marvel Games – home of the team that partners with the mightiest companies on Earth to bring groundbreaking games to market. We are looking for a highly experienced, driven and well-organized professional to join our energetic, fast-paced team as a Director of Business Development and Product Strategy.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj923-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.