Production Technology Director
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios.
Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
Are you passionate about films and TV and have always loved Marvel? Do you dream about being a part of delivering the world's most iconic superheroes to theatres and homes around the globe? We have an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator, Mastering and Localization, who will be part of the Marvel Studios' Content Operations team in Burbank, CA, reporting to the Director, Mastering and Localization. You will support the lifecycle planning and project management for delivery of Marvel Studios' Disney+ originals launching on the platform as well as for Marvel Studios' theatrical features.
You'll assist the director in leveraging tools and systems to streamline and optimize project management. You'll be part of the team's effort to standardize, innovate, and optimize workflows to support accelerated delivery timelines without compromising quality. You will also be compiling research and sourcing documents to support localization functions at Disney and the end-to-end localization vendors; helping the Director of Mastering and Localization facilitate a localization strategy that ensures the highest quality Marvel Cinematic Universe experience is provided to international markets.
• Support Director of Mastering and Localization on Disney+ planning and project management; reconcile Disney+ delivery schedules with post calendars.
• Responsible for version tracking and change notes management; provide assistance in global localization queries.
• Perform script QC, review CC and sub template files to picture; copyedit/proofread localization documents.
• Compile research and creative support, under Director's guidance, for handling of content during localization workflows.
• Communicate on Disney+ asset flow and deliveries to various groups, maintain progress reports & capture actuals for analysis.
• Strong language skills, ability to copyedit and proofread; solid, succinct communication skills; a keen eye for continuity and detail.
• Enjoys and excels at document wrangling and data tracking, housekeeping and administrative work, and creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
• Great affinity for creative research; passion for the production and, especially, the post-production process; personal affinity for Marvel Studios' content.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel; high degree of computer-savvy; working knowledge of Google Docs and Smartsheets.
• Familiarity with localization workflows (e.g. dubbing, subtitling) and foreign language sensibility or knowledge.
• Understanding of advanced media concepts (such as HD, UHD, HDR, aspect ratios, frame rates, streaming, etc.).
• Experience with studio productions and/or mastering and QC workflows, especially an understanding of streaming platform servicing workflows.
• Experience with data management systems and tools (e.g. Tableau, Smartsheets, Lucidchart, PowerBI).
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.