2D Character Designer - Marvel Animation
Marvel Studios is an entertainment brand defined the stories and successes of our more than 8,000 incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. Based at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Marvel Studios is one of the most successful movie studios in the world, today. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises, led by President Kevin Feige, is a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with vision as far-reaching as our stories.
The Visual Development Manager will report to the Head of Visual Development on a number of roles. The Manager will assist the Head of Visual Development in research, formulating visual and some development ideas, and help keep the Head of Visual Development informed about the evolving developments across on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In the role, the Manager will compile notes on creative materials, coordinating visual development.
• Provide and compile notes on all written and visual development materials such as bibles, scripts, character and background art, etc.
• Research Marvel comics or other sources for inspiration.
• Research and recommend talent in the visual development field.
• Build strong relationships by interfacing with departments in the organization including live action and animation.
• Read scripts and glean information needed for the Head of Visual Development
• Watch dailies for the various projects and cue up important costume developments for the Head of Visual Development
• Help with scheduling the Head of Visual Development
• Special Projects assigned
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in television, feature film or animation production
• Highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize large volumes of incoming inquiries and information.
• Confidence, ability and judgment to effectively communicate with high-level and distinguished creative colleagues.
• Time management and organizational skills
• Clear-thinking, straightforward approach to problem-solving and decision making
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of film, tv, animation production process.
• Knowledge of Excel, Keynote and Google Apps required; Photoshop and WordPress web design a plus.
• Flexibility to learn new software and systems as used in our internal processes.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqkbe-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.