Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for company-wide budgeting, quarterly and annual earnings and cash flow forecasting, long-term planning, monitoring and assessment of segment/business unit operating performance, assessing the financial impact of key business decisions and alternatives, and various special projects aimed at improving the financial performance of the company. The group is also charged with developing presentations to senior management of Marvel and The Walt Disney Company regarding Marvel's financial performance.
Marvel FP&A is seeking a Financial Analyst to lead financial planning and strategically partner with leadership across our various lines of business.
- Prepare forecasts, Annual Operating Plans and Five Year Plans
- Identify and evaluate digital and new business initiatives across multiple media segments
- Prepare valuation analyses and develop forecast models
- Liaise with product, content and sales teams to develop financial and strategic plans
- Present budgets and financial results to senior leadership across multiple lines of business
- Analysis of monthly performance updates, financial modeling (new creations and improvements), historical financial data maintenance and valuation
- Create and monitor KPIs
- Strong modeling skills in Excel required - 5+ years of progressive experience in financial planning, strategic planning, and/or corporate finance
- Strong business point of view as well as analytic chops
- Comfort making strategic business cases for their analytical POV
- Background in the digital media and entertainment industry is a plus
- Banking or consulting background a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess a proven ability to build relationships
- Must demonstrate a strong business and financial acumen.
- Qualified candidates must be inquisitive and solve problems creatively
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and be an excellent team player
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to deal with shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- General knowledge of accounting principles a plus
Bachelor's degree required (Preferably in Finance or equivalent)
MBA a plus
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xzp8-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.