Sr. Data Analyst, Core Funnel
New York, NY
Marvel is looking for a talented Data Architect to join our Business Intelligence team.
In the role you can expect to lead the design, installation, evolution, and maintenance of Marvel's technical stack and data infrastructure to support a variety of analysis and reporting use cases across our Subscription, Publishing, New Media, Consumer Products, Corporate and Marketing Teams. Collaborating across disciplines, you will identify internal/external data sources to design and implement table structure, data products, ETL strategy, automation frameworks and scalable data pipelines.
The role will partner with business, analytics and engineering teams across the enterprise to design, build and maintain Marvel's data infrastructure and analytics reporting environments.
• Collaborate with technical and non-technical partners to gather data and requirements.
• Work with engineering teams to collect required data from internal and external systems.
• Design table structures and ETL strategy to build performant data solutions that are reliable and scalable in a fast-growing data ecosystem.
• Recommend efficient data tiering strategies to optimize pricing and performance in support of a variety of use cases across the business with different data access needs
• Lead the adoption and execution of Master Data Management principles associated with centralized data sets, while incorporating CCPA/GDPR protocols
• Develop data quality checks for source and target data sets, while executing UAT plans and working with QA teams.
• Develop and maintain ETL routines in AWS (S3, Redshift, Lambda, Glue, Kinesis) as well as Python and SQL.
• Document and publish Metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
• Perform ad hoc analysis as necessary.
• Perform SQL and ETL tuning as necessary.
• Collaborate on development and maintenance of dashboards/reports in Tableau Server
• Coach and mentor team members to improve data conform and ETL processes.
• 5+ years of relevant Professional experience.
• 5+ years' work experience implementing and reporting on business key performance indicators in data warehousing environments. Strong understanding of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
• 5 + years' experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Redshift, Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake.
• 2+ Years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash).
• 2+ years of experience with project management tools (Jira/Confluence, Zendesk etc.)
• Expert level understanding of SQL Engines and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
• Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase)
• Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Tableau, Qliksense, etc.
• Ability to think strategically and flexibly to analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
• Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired.
• Intellectually curious, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
BA / BS Degree
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.