Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring.
This is an IATSE 700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
We are looking for a 1st Assistant Editor who will bring solutions to edit workflows and the production pipeline. They oversee the efficient and accurate handling of all edit tasks; encouraging a positive, motivated, and proactive team of Assistant Editors who support the studio shot departments.
• Must have good general understanding of all editorial equipment in editorial suite
• Work with Editor on planning organization of Avid media, setting up projects and labeling of Avid bins
• Put in progress work flow procedures to help expedite work during crunch periods
• Be aware and on top of movement of sketch from story department and schedule work accordingly
• Ability to Cut temp sound effects and for Editor
• Manage all work coming in and out of room and take responsibility for completion of tasks and quality of outputs
• Manage other assistants by assigning tasks and checking work
• Make sure Editors have all appropriate media
• Be point person for requests coming through Editorial and help prioritize workload
• Make sure room is ready with materials for all editorial and sweatbox sessions
• Send dialogue, effects, and music to sound server for animators
• Support scratch recording sessions by sending picture reference when appropriate
• Help input and output all media
• Work with 2nd Assistant on making sure bins are organized and unnecessary media is offline
• Generate correct cut lists
• Help download animation tests from server for cutting into reel
• Generate cuts and compositions for Music Editor, Producer, Animators, Composers, and Sound Editor
• Work with Story PDM, Editorial Production Supervisor, and Editor on schedule to plan and prep for screenings
• Issue EDL and composition to Software and Post Production to enable loading of reels from the main server
• Assist Post Director/ Coordinator in checking and reviewing of reels prior to screenings and previews
• A minimum of 4+ years of Editorial experience and/or prior animation, visual effects, or live action production experience
• Knowledge of AVID
• Must be self-directed with minimal supervision, as well as providing guidance and mentorship to others
• Bachelor's Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules
• Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to demonstrate balance of creativity and technical knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate with all levels of executives, management and staff
• Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
• Broad expertise or unique knowledge and uses skills to contribute to development of techniques or procedures to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
This position is with Marvel Animation, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11q1e-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.