VFX Technical Assistant (Python)
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This is an exciting opportunity for a technical graduate who enjoys problem-solving and a passion for cutting edge technology to contribute across all aspects of production at ILM. This position provides support directly to artists and production staff and works closely with production and software engineers to enable the success and efficiency of the production pipeline.
The ideal candidate will have recently graduated with a Computer Science degree (or equivalent qualification) and has a knowledge of the world of VFX or a strong desire to work within the industry. This role sits with our technology team and can act as a springboard to other roles in our technology department or other departments in ILM.
What you'll do:
• Troubleshooting and dynamic problem solving for layout, animation, lighting, and post-production workflows.
• Image/Media handling, including conversion, manipulation, quality control, and playback for visual reviews.
• Render troubleshooting and queue management.
What we're looking for:
• Experience in Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
• Familiarity with film, video and animation post-production and/or computer graphics techniques or a willingness and aptitude to learn on the job
• Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
• Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
• Highly motivated.
• Career focus for animation, visual effects, or games industries.
• Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows/Mac
• Experience programming and/or scripting language (i.e. Python, Perl) a must.
• Ideally some previous part-time, intern or up to a year's work experience.
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz1b9n-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.