Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company's five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, w e are looking for an experienced and visionary VFX Supervisor who reflects the creative talent and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The VFX Supervisor ensures that the artist's work is created to the quality requested by the client and is consistent with ILM's standards. The VFX Supervisor works as a team with the Producer and the Animation Director to lead the crew and get the best work up on the screen.
What you'll do
• Recognize the focal point of a shot to tell the overall story and consistently work toward it.
• Run dailies with the crew in an efficient, professional and clear manner.
• Proactively listen to the client's wishes and guide her/him to solutions that tell the story artistically and on budget.
• Manage the client's expectations and help advance innovative ILM technology
• Sell finished shots appropriately in support of the overall show requirements.
• Maintain a high level of proficiency in current tools and methodologies - both proprietary and 3 rd party applications.
• Partner with Technology, R&D and show supervisors to advise on the optimum technical approach both for immediate show needs and long term facility strategy. You'll need to be technically versatile enough to comprehend the myriad technical solutions to any one problem.
• Represent ILM professionally and positively both within and outside the industry. Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
• Mentor potential supervisory up-and-coming talent.
What we're looking for
• Ability to demonstrate strong skills in visual storytelling, including shot design, composition, lighting and editing.
• You probably have 5+ years experience as a supervisor on several major productions and have 10+ years hands-on VFX production experience.
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Film or Fine Art or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
• You have a demonstrable blend of technical and artistic skills, which might include a portfolio demonstrating strong traditional art skills and a reel demonstrating high end Feature Film VFX experience.
• Ability to manage artists (even those who work outside of your technical specialty) efficiently toward successful final shots.
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
• Someone who proactively pursues in-depth knowledge of new developments to further his or her ability to do cutting-edge work
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y9m8-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.