Character Facial Modeler
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Animator (TV) creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
• Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Responsible for acting as a “mentor” Entry Level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
• Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team.
Education / Experience
• At least 3 years of relevant professional VFX experience and Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation.
• OR at least 5 years of experience working in cel, stop-motion or computer animation.
• Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Expert understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
• Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
• Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision.
• Good organization and communication skills
• A demo reel demonstrating a strong understanding of Animation principles and artistic ability is required
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• Proficiency with Linux desired. Expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.