Sony Pictures Imageworks
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Texture Artist is responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
• Works with production team (VFX Supervisor, Senior Texture Artist) to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
• Responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
• Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Works closely with Art Directors, Modelers, and look-development TD's in achieving desired look of Photo real models.
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Reports to the Talent Manager, DMS and receives daily oversight and direction from the VFX/Look Dev/Texture Lead/Supervisor.
Education / Experience
• At least three years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least five years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Demo reel and portfolio illustrating knowledge and experience in painting, illustration or design.
• Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Maya, Mari (preferred), Zbrush, Photoshop, or Bodypaint. Ability to navigate complex Computer Graphics pipelines.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• Modeling skills a plus
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to liaise with various parts of the Computer Graphics pipeline, manage person schedules.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.