Advanced Business Analyst, EAX Analytics
This position is the key financial partner to the Executive in Charge, Vancouver and a member of the ILM Vancouver management team. Provides thought leadership and strategy as it relates to the evolution of the studio.
Oversees and manages the studio finance department with responsibility for all aspects of financial management, including financial reporting, budget / forecast preparation, expense management, tax and payroll. Manages and mentors local finance team.
What you'll do
• Partner with Production and other ILM facilities to develop budgets, manage the EFC, and perform adhoc analysis (including scenario planning, cost projections, tax incentives)
• Ensure local production accounting records are appropriate maintained.
• Evaluates and updates bidding assumptions (rates, project staff, etc.)
• Review Vancouver EFC Budgets with production, hold them accountable to figures with EIC, and keep them informed of the larger global picture
• Ensure local Producers receive weekly Project reports/EFC information
• Drives studio and production analytics in areas such as Project EFC, overtime, tax credit scenarios
• Manage local production accounting staff
• Other responsibilities to support the global studio as required
Finance & Planning
• Partners with US FP&A group on annual plans, forecast updates, and five-year plans as well as related presentations
• Drives studio analytics in areas such as wage analysis, seniority targets, and CG overhead
• Develops budget and tracks capital expenses for Vancouver studio
• Drives department’s efforts to improve efficiency of processes and systems, and timeliness and relevance of deliverables
• Forecasts (annual, quarterly), tracking actual vs. forecast with EIC and department managers
• Participates in ILM global planning
• Local expert for ILM’s enterprise planning software (TM1)
• Manage local finance & accounting staff
• Other responsibilities (local and/or global) and adhoc analysis / exercises as required
Accounting & Tax
• Ensure accuracy of multi-currency month end processes (revenue recognition, deferred revenue reconciliation, intercompany charges, production credit accruals)
• Partners and provides support to external tax provider, ILM US and Disney tax on annual tax returns
• Own production credit tracking and processes including ensuring timely filing, accreditation filing, proactive audit documentation collection
• Oversee local tax provision with support of Disney tax
• Oversee control management of local purchasing (p-card, petty cash)
• Enforce other financial policies and controls
• Manages approval and payments processes locally, reinforcing financial policies to appropriate members, and following up where necessary.
• Work with local IT and facilities to ensure Capital Assets are properly tagged.
• Work with business affairs and local department managers to set up new vendors
• Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or similar
• Qualified accountant (CPA or equivalent)
• At least seven (7) years total working experience
• Production accounting experience with a general accounting foundation as opposed to a pure production foundation preferred
• Understanding of visual effects production is a plus, but not required
• Strong academics with relevant commercial accounting experience or an auditing background
• Experience dealing with payroll related costs
• Experience with Oracle and SAP preferred
• Experience with enterprise planning softwares (Cognos TM1 preferred)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrates organization skills; able to remain flexible and adaptable while working under tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
• Must be flexible, adaptable to working in creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
• Ability to manage and mentor junior staff
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.