The Technical Recruiter will support the recruitment initiatives for ILM's Global Studios for departments such as R&D, Production Engineering, IT, IS, plus business division roles as assigned. This Technical Recruiter position requires a thorough understanding of recruiting for technology roles, extensive knowledge of the VFX/Animation industry, and a proven ability to successfully support the recruitment process in a creative production environment.
This role will also support ILMxLAB and the Advanced Development Group at Lucasfilm, offering the chance to build the team responsible for creating the next-generation immersive entertainment experiences.
• Source and identify candidates for roles through active (advertising, networking, search and selection) and passive (direct application, referral) methods
• Partner with hiring managers, screen, interview and recommend the best candidates for positions
• Provide coaching and mentoring to managers to develop interview skills and recruitment best practices.
• Actively maintain applicant tracking database.
• Draft and publish job advertisements, liaising with various sources for job advertisements, and assisting in tracking appropriate metrics with coordinator.
• Manage relationships across various client groups, understanding needs and timing
• Ensure high quality procedures are in place, which are in line with company policy governing recruitment and selection
• Help build on existing systems to create recruitment tools including job descriptions, competency profiles and to improve efficiency and develop uniformity across the organization.
• Support the further development and implementation recruitment methods in order to successfully attract top quality candidates appropriate to the position and company needs.
• Generate the necessary ad-hoc recruiting reports for hiring managers and Human Resources to keep them informed of recruitment status.
• Coordinate and organize promotion and recruitment efforts targeting potential schools, organizations, and communities.
• Partner with global recruiting team, sharing knowledge and resources in order to effectively and efficiently fill requisitions with the best available talent across all geographies
• Support recruitment for other ILM locations, Lucasfilm, and Skywalker Sound.
• Attend recruitment and industry events
• Assess immigration and relocation needs, obtain appropriate approvals and facilitate process as needed.
• Perform special projects as requested
• Work with hiring managers to develop diversity initiatives to develop a diverse culture.
• Monitor trades to keep up to date with latest industry trends, especially as it pertains to technology.
• 5+ years experience in recruitment specializing in the VFX, animation and/or games industry, with 3+ years focused on Technical positions.
• Proven organizational ability.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as follow-through on multiple-projects.
• Outstanding customer service.
• Proven track record in sourcing and recruiting candidates.
• Sophisticated computer skills (online research/recruiting, Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, presentation and database software) is required.
• Must be comfortable communicating with staff across all levels
• Experience with applicant tracking systems and workflow
• Ability to contribute positively in a high-energy, changing environment.
• Uses a computer keyboard at least 75% of total work time.
• Ability to travel
• Ability to work additional hours as required
• • •
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89k0k-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.