Matchmove / Layout Artist
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Senior Texture Artist is responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
• Works independently and with production team (VFX Supervisor, Texture Supervisor, Look Dev Supervisor) at an advanced level to execute the desired look of complicated CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
• Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Mentors junior and mid-level Artists.
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Education / Experience
• At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
• Proficient in Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Photoshop and UV unwrapping tools
• Ability to navigate complex pipelines.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Preferred Skills / Technical Competencies
• Modeling skills a plus.
• Katana/Look Dev knowledge a plus.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.