Senior Production Accountant
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a variety of talent to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Senior Manager, Finance and Accounting is responsible for performing all activities necessary to provide finance and accounting support to Industrial Light & Magic Sydney office. This position will provide expert analysis, interpretation and expert business advice on all levels of accounting and finance.
We are looking for a team member who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM. On any given day, you might
• Manage financial administrative functions and decision making for the Sydney studio
• Ensure that Industrial Light & Magic Sydney is in compliance with Australian account, tax and reporting requirements
• Manage key elements of relationships with Disney Australia local and regional offices
• Manage the month-end close, providing variance analysis and information related to capital and operating expenditure
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA/CA preferred.
• Eight or more years related accounting experience in equivalent position.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
• Ability to operate well in an environment of change and occasional ambiguity
• Experience working with government agencies a plus
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.