Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Rough Layout Supervisor collaborates closely with the Directors, VFX Supervisors and other key creative leadership to design and deliver sequences ensuring their vision is met through dynamic camera movement, animation, composition, staging, lighting and editing. The Rough Layout Supervisor approves work, advises rough layout artists on aesthetic changes, and is responsible for the final aesthetic look. This role works closely with production to schedule and cast shotwork, bid new or existing shots, and help estimate crewing needs.
What You'll Do
• Responsible for working closely with the Producer and Production Management team to bid and deliver previs on time and on budget across all projects.
• Mentors, trains and supports Rough Layout Artists on the team; motivates and provides feedback to Artists; understands how to develop Artists abilities; sets goals and deadlines for team
• Responsible for the following areas:
• Storyboarding: Development of either hand drawn or maya based storyboards.
• Asset Dev: modeling, texturing, shading of assets.
• Set Dressing: Preparation of environments for animation and layout.
• Rigging: Development of in-shot pipeline compatible rig solutions.
• Animation+Layout: Designing and animating shots over an entire sequence.
• Lighting+Rendering: Preparation of low tech, fast render aesthetic solutions.
• Tool Dev: Creation of tools to assist the team.
• Editing: Compiling of sequences + sound design within Adobe Premiere.
• Compositing: Compositing abilities to facilitate a post process look dev pass.
• Partners with technology and CG departments to streamline workflow and pipeline. Troubleshoots assets and shots, continually looking for and suggesting improvements to increase overall efficiency and productivity
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Demonstrate flexibility with iterative process
What We're Looking For
• At least 7 years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, computer visualization, computer animation or related field; OR at least ten years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education
• At least 3 years of relevant professional VFX leadership experience
• Extensive experience in visual effects for film including recent leadership experience
• Well versed in film grammar, composition and editorial decisions
• Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills
• Experience in animation, previs and/or rough layout
• A reel demonstrating strong creative and technical ability in photo-realistic 3D with a focus on animation, previs or layout; basic competency in modeling, texturing, lighting, camera, layout, compositing and rendering
• Advanced knowledge of Linux and Maya
• Basic knowledge of Nuke, Mari, Arnold, V-Ray, Zbrush and/or Photoshop
• Nice to have:
• Experience in modeling, rigging, texturing and lighting
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22ev5-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.