London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Position Summary / Job Purpose
This entry-level position provides administrative and backup support to the Production Team while providing an opportunity to learn about the VFX production environment and process at ILM.
• Support the Production team in day-to-day activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire crew.
• Technical Assistance: Will need some technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
• Conference room setup and troubleshooting, Viewstation setup and troubleshooting, basic technical troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
• Manage cc lists for mail aliases, reviews, shot notifications, tools updates, etc.
• Meeting Setup: PA will be responsible for notifying crew of all meeting/review times and locations (and making sure they attend), prepping the review playlists, and possibly taking notes. Act as assistant to the CG Coordinators/Managers to help follow up on items after various meetings.
• Internal Tracking Database: Will assist CG Coordinators in making sure internal tracking tools are up to date.
• Shipping and receiving (digital & hard copies): Responsible for delivering and receiving all files shared between clients, other ILM locations, external vendors, and internal crew at various locations. Keep a meticulous account of all files transferred.
• Schedule and Shot Tracking: Assist the Production Coordinators and Managers in making sure the digital and physical schedules are up to date and all vfx elements are accounted for.
• Data Management: Responsible for ensuring the receipt and sends of data across ILM facilities and to outsource vendors (when applicable) to ensure smooth show workflow
• Show Schedule: Responsible for overall show calendar and keeping production and supervisor aware of and present for what’s happening on a daily basis (dailies, meetings, client reviews, etc)
• Contact Information: Maintain internal crew and client contact information, all internal email aliases for the show, and show webpage.
• Conceive, order, and set up of thematic crew parties and regular crew events, as needed.
• Shipping and receiving: Prep, ship, receive, store and keep a detailed account of all models, props, media drives and other digital and practical show data shared between various contacts.
• Office maintenance: Organize the production office, order office supplies, keep the printer supplied with paper, expense reports, organizing travel, etc.
• Organize and maintain the digital reference repository (digital artwork, movies, etc). Also print physical copies of any reference when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent preferred.
• Previous experience within a VFX or similar digital production facility a big plus.
• Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to work extended hours as and when required
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
• 75% of work is on the computer
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.