Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Previs Generalist works closely with the Previs Supervisor and Previs Animators to design and create shots and sequences, ensuring the Director and Clients vision are met through dynamic camera movement, animation, composition, staging, lighting and editing.
What You'll Do
• Asset Dev: modeling, texturing, shading of assets
• Set Dressing: Preparation of environments for animation and layout
• Rigging: Development of in-shot pipeline compatible rig solutions
• Lighting+Rendering: Preparation of low tech, fast render aesthetic solutions
• Tool Dev: Creation of tools to assist the previs team
• Editing: Compiling of sequences + sound design within Adobe Premiere
• Troubleshoot assets and shots, continually looking for and suggesting improvements to increase overall efficiency and productivity
• Maintain consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Demonstrate flexibility with iterative process
• Take initiative to acquire new skills and think outside of the box
What We're Looking For
• You probably have 2 or more years of experience in visual effects, games and/or feature animation film
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, computer animation or related field, or you have gained that experience by working in our industry
• Proficiency with Linux and Maya
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Experience modeling, rigging, texturing and/or lighting on a previs timeline
• Experience creating content optimized for 24 fps playback in maya's viewport 2.0.
• A reel demonstrating strong creative and technical ability in photo-realistic 3D
• Experience in animation and/or layout
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.