Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM is looking for a Media Systems Engineer to join an industry-leading team supporting Physical and Post Technology across our ILM and Lucasfilm productions. We're looking for a well-rounded engineer who thrives in problem-solving with a can-do attitude in an informal production environment.
You'd be joining a seasoned group that collaborates to support a broad set of production technologies critical in the physical and post-production workflows that bring our films, TV and animated series to life.
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot equipment associated with various post-production workflows.
• Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget according to our high internal standards.
• Implement efficient workflow and pipeline design for post-production services with an emphasis on functionality, usability and security;
• Create and update control system databases for various automation systems in state of the art theaters;
• Meet with internal or external clients for production support or development needs;
• Join the team for an industry event or film screening;
• Participate in off-hours maintenance, upgrades and installation for systems when required, including participating in the off-hours 'On Call' rotation;
• Conduct research and evaluate new technology and trends to meet the ongoing dynamic needs of our shows
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's Degree BS in engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• 5-7 years installation and maintenance experience in post-production facilities with complex audio/video systems
• Advanced understanding of and experience with Linux, OS X and Windows operating systems
• Experience supporting editorial systems and workflows
Required Skills / Competencies
• Up-to-date knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media and post-production technologies;
• Solid understanding and practical experience of various media file formats, network fundamentals and systems administration practices;
• Ability to identify and address technical issues without direct supervision, while also working effectively as part of a team;
• Basic color theory experience;
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• Avid media composer and interplay systems
• Can identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
• • •
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98ooz-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.