We are looking for a leader who reflects the innovative spirit, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
At Lucasfilm we believe that Diversity and Inclusion is key to market relevance, that we are a better company when our people at all levels reflect the life experiences of our audiences, and we thrive when ideas and decisions from all people are valued and encouraged.
As Manager, Diversity & Inclusion, you will report to the Director of Diversity & Inclusion. You will create and deliver strategies that drive multicultural consumer acquisition and engagement across our studios globally and act as a resource to align company-wide initiatives to meet business objectives. You will play a key role in strengthening the Company's D&I vision and commitment to inclusive content productions within all of our lines of businesses including Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm Animation, Industrial Light & Magic, ILMxLab and Skywalker Sound.
You will build strong relationships within Lucasfilm to be familiar with the teams who are responsible for the day-to-day workflow of content creation & marketing (Live Action development, Franchise Story, Marketing, PR, etc.). As well as partner with Disney Enterprise D&I teams, Multicultural Audience Engagement team, Employee Resources Groups, and more.
• Advise on content, especially stories and characters, to make sure our content is culturally accurate, authentic, and inclusive
• Manage third-party consultants who advise on content, consumer strategy, and more
• Help create a scalable framework to make sure our content is accurate and authentic from greenlight to screen
• Build strong relationships across other Studios and Disney brands: Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, etc.
• Manage multicultural franchise strategies across lines of businesses and ensure alignment between The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm efforts
• Manage forums to discuss D&I opportunities, challenges and best practices across lines of businesses
• Support ERGs and facilitate safe space conversations
• Collaborate with the Integrated Planning and Franchise Management team to drive cultural processes through project lifecycle, including but not limited to consultancy feedback, community engagement, etc.
• Partner with our Learning team to provide input on D&I training materials
• Track and share data on inclusion goals
• Evaluate upcoming projects and slate for cultural engagement opportunities (guiding partners to evaluate opportunities across the spectrum of representation)
• Drive film/episodic title specific community engagement efforts and partnerships
• 4-5 years of creative development and/or production experience (or similar experience), preferably within the Studio or related creative environment
• Keen understanding of the creative filmmaking process and ability to provide creative feedback on projects in pre-production and development, ensuring representation and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills
• Broad understanding of Film & Entertainment Industry
• Ability to influence and work through others in a highly matrixed organization
• Can easily evaluate external partners and understands their strengths and weaknesses
• Strong external/industry network of multicultural resources to leverage in educating team and advancing work
• Ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders across various disciplines
• Experience with campaigns or business development strategies for key consumer groups including women, Latinx, Black/African Americans, Asian Americans, Native/Indigenous community, people with disabilities, LGBQT+, and others
• Global work experience, especially as it pertains to diversity and inclusion
• Deep understanding of the Star Wars franchise
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxw12-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.