Senior Crowd Technical Director
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Look Development Artist is responsible for producing high quality look dev and shading for our CG assets used in production. Have the flexibility of moving into lighting shot production, producing high end lighting during show production.
We are looking for a creative who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, team- oriented mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
What You'll Do
On any given day you may partner with Look Dev, Texture and Lighting teams along with Production team to:
• Create and maintain materials and shading networks, from simple materials using provided shading templates to custom hero materials and complex shading networks, with artist usability and user- interface support in mind.
• Execute the desired look of complex CG assets, including creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
• Determining various design solutions; provide feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Work closely with model, texture, groom and lighting technical directors to achieve the desired look of assets.
What We Are Looking For
• An outstanding and varied aesthetic with the ability to interpret a multitude of creative visions.
• Display a deep knowledge of real world materials, energy conservation principles, and physically based rendering and shader models.
• Experience producing a variety of different material styles ( hard- surface, organic, groom, FX - driven )
• Extensive experience with a modern path-traced production render engine.
• Experience building and maintaining complex shading networks, with a focus on methodical and efficient network design.
• Have a strong handle on the latest 3D concept tools and as a bonus some working knowledge of modeling and texturing.
• Have multiple years of relevant experience in high-end feature film visual effects. Production Katana experienced required.
• At ease with Linux-based operating systems. Scripting experience preferred ( Python / lua )
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnypo-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.